Adam J. Soibelman, Partner, is an experienced litigator and skilled negotiator who also serves as outside general counsel for privately held companies conducting business locally and nationally. Mr. Soibelman’ s clients include physicians and their professional corporations, business managers, equipment lessors, real estate developers, general and subcontractors, and product manufacturers. Mr. Soibelman is focused on achieving his clients’ objectives by understanding their businesses and providing strategic advice based on well thought-out and cost-effective litigation (or litigation-avoidance) strategies. Although many “litigators” have never tried a case to a jury, Mr. Soibelman is fortunate to have spent time trying business cases to juries as well as arbitrating numerous business disputes.
Since 2005, Mr. Soibelman has been publicly recognized each year by his peers as one of the top lawyers in Southern California in Los Angeles Magazine, Law & Politics Media, Inc., and Super Lawyer publications.
Mr. Soibelman’s clients consider him a trusted advisor and routinely call upon him to handle their litigation and transactional needs involving contracts, leases, employment matters, business disputes, and the myriad of legal issues that arise for California-based businesses. Mr. Soibelman focuses on the representation of medical doctors and their professional corporations in connection with the preparation and negotiation of physician employment and independent contractor agreements and the formation of professional medical corporations. Mr. Soibelman also has broad experience in construction law, representing real estate developers, general contractors, subcontractors, and product manufacturers in connection with general business matters, including contract preparation and litigation arising out of construction contract disputes, mechanic’s liens, and construction defects.
Mr. Soibelman is admitted to practice before all state courts in California: the Central and Southern Districts of the U.S. District Court, California; the U.S. Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, and the U.S. Supreme Court.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Business Litigation
- Construction Contracts and Litigation
- Real Estate Litigation
- Business Disputes
- Employment Counseling and Disputes
2011 – Construction Roundtable: Presented to contractors, construction lenders, and product suppliers various topics including: construction contracts, mechanic’s liens, and construction disputes.
2012 -UCLA Tax & Financial Planning Symposium: Presented to Medical Residents the topics of Physician Employment and Independent Contractor Agreements and Formation of Professional Medical Corporations.
2012 – American College of Physicians: Presented to Medical Residents the topics of Physician Employment and Independent Contractor Agreements and Formation of Professional Medical Corporations.
- After 2 and 1/2 months in trial, prevailed on a judgment of non-suit in favor of construction client in a lawsuit involving claims of real estate fraud and construction defects.
- Successfully completed the negotiation and acquisition of two oral surgery practices for an oral surgeon client.
- Prevailed at arbitration in breach of contract dispute between producers and director of motion picture.
- Prevailed at trial in breach of lease dispute between ground lessor and developer.
- Secured defense verdict for a commercial trucking company in significant personal injury lawsuit.
- Successfully represented health care practitioner in dispute over alleged misappropriation of patient files, breach of contract, and alleged unfair business practices.
- Successfully defended business clients against claims of wrongful termination based on gender and race discrimination and against ADA claims
- Successfully defended business clients against claims of wrongful termination based on gender and race discrimination in state courts and administrative agencies.
- Successfully defended construction product manufacturers against product defect claims.
- Represented multiple business clients in lease negotiations and lease preparation.
- Secured significant settlements in wrongful death, wrongful termination, and various personal injuries matters.
- Bachelor of Arts, Honors, Sociology, California State University, Northridge
- Juris Doctorate, McGeorge School of Law at the University of the Pacific
MEMBERSHIPS AND ACTIVITIES (current and past)
- State Bar of California
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers (“ABTL”)
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Litigation Section
- San Fernando Valley Bar Association
Mr. Soibelman is a Southern California native. He is an avid sports fan and enjoys playing golf and racquetball. He lives in Tarzana with his wife, son, and daughter, along with his farm of 2 ducks, 2 rabbits, 3 dogs, 1 cat, and several beautiful Koi.