Robin McConnell, Partner, is a business litigation attorney representing businesses, high-net worth individuals, and entrepreneurs in state, federal, and probate courts throughout California.
Prior to private practice, Ms. McConnell spent a year clerking for three Los Angeles County Superior Court Judges, where she learned the inside workings of the court and law and motion procedures. At the court she learned that litigation presented daily challenges and puzzles to be navigated in new and creative ways. Today, she is busy assisting clients with a broad spectrum of litigation matters, including breach of contract, fraud, defamation, misappropriation of trade secrets, real estate transactions, and probate and estate litigation matters. At R2 Law Group, LLP, Ms. McConnell has found the perfect balance of collaborating with her partners and clients to help set her clients on a path toward success and away from expensive distractions.
Ms. McConnell was named a “Southern California Rising Star” by her peers from 2008-2011, in Los Angeles Magazine, Law & Politics Media, Inc., and Super Lawyer publications.
While attending Southwestern University School of Law, Ms. McConnell participated in the moot court program and served as a Lead Articles Editor of the Southwestern Law Review. She was also a member of the Justice Marshall F. McComb Senate of the Delta Theta Phi Law Fraternity and graduated magna cum laude. Ms. McConnell volunteers with the State Bar of California Business Law Section Mentor Program to work with young lawyers to develop the skills and professionalism necessary to ensure quality thrives in the legal community.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Business Litigation
- Professional E&O Litigation
- Probate and Estate Litigation
- Real Estate Litigation
- Successfully sued two LLC’s after they refused to pay substantial commercial real estate broker’s commission and defeated the LLC’s claims for breach of fiduciary duty by the brokers. Recovered full commission for clients and all attorney’s fees and costs.
- Negotiated a complex and highly charged dispute between beneficiaries and a Trustee resulting in Trustee resignation and allowing beneficiaries to petition the court for appointment of a highly skilled successor Trustee who could manage a large residential real estate portfolio.
- Obtained Probate Court Order allowing Co-Trustee client to sell real property over objections of two other Co-Trustees and secured client’s fees from escrow to insure payment.
- Secured high six-figure verdict in favor of medical supply company against an entity and multiple individuals who sold client the business years earlier.
- Secured a judgment in excess of $2 million for client in professional malpractice matter.
- Successfully disposed of a defamation and fraud case brought by a plastic surgeon against client via an Anti-SLAPP motion and secured an attorney’s fees award for all of the client’s incurred fees and costs.
- Represented court-appointed Trustee and the successor corporate Co-Trustee in long running probate matter that was eventually mediated to a resolution successfully concluding years of international litigation.
- Bachelor Of Arts, University of California, Riverside
- Juris Doctorate, Southwestern University School of Law, magna cum laude
MEMBERSHIPS AND ACTIVITIES (past and present)
- State Bar of California
- Los Angeles County Bar, Litigation and Probate Sections
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers (ABTL)
- San Fernando Valley Bar Association
Ms. McConnell is a Kings hockey fan and dog lover (especially her two Aussie Shepherds). She is an exercise enthusiast who regularly plays tennis, runs (completed the 2012 LA Marathon), and practices yoga. She also enjoys jazz music, gourmet cooking, and gardening with her husband at their Woodland Hills home.